Monday, August 13, 2012

That's just nuts

So cool! I found these roasted mixed snack nuts on sale for 75% off, which made them just over $1 each.



I have no idea why, as I don't believe nuts go bad. Maybe it was an overstock. I didn't want to be obnoxious and buy all of the containers, but I did buy 6.  I figured we could use one for their intended purpose of a snack mix, but the rest I separated and turned into 2 jars of peanut butter and 2 jars of Almond Butter. I separated the rest and got about 1 cup each of pecans and cashews, which I intend to use in dressings (Dr. Fuhrman has these really cool salad dressings and sauce recipes that use nuts and nut butter instead of oil). I also have about 2 cups of Brazil nuts that I will discover a use for, I'm sure.

I used little dollups of the flax oil to lubricate the nuts in the blender to make them easier to blend. Next time you see nuts on a big sale, stock up! There are always tons of uses for those bad boys. Plain, butters, milks, dressings (here's a tahini dressing I made in my cooking blog), vegan cheeses (Here's one I made using cashews) etc. I will try and post more dressings I make with nuts in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment